Coops

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bedtime

Well, we finally constructed our beds and filled them with our super-fantastic-growing-medium. The free pavers that we got from the lovely lady on Craigslist made the garden bed just fine. The tiles I got from the other lovely lady on Craigslist seem to be holding in the soil for what will become the herb garden just fine as well. I am very excited about this whole endeavor. It is hard for me, though, because I like instant gratification and, well, after all that work there wasn't a tomato or pepper to be picked.

Below are the pics of the first two beds. These will hold most of the veggies, minus tomatoes, and the herbs. Tomatoes will go in food-safe buckets along the fence. There will be other little areas as well, no doubt, where we squeeze in more.

One of the most interesting things about this project is how nervous I get that we are doing something wrong and how anxious I get about talking to people who are experienced because they all have advice and it never matches but they really seem to want me to do what they say. Frank keeps reminding me that it is our first time and it doesn't have to be perfect. I'm trusting him on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment