Coops

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just an update

I've been in the garden doing something everyday for a while and it's been great. Even the days that are just watering days make for good times. I am more and more like my parents all the time and I am not even feeling the need for therapy as I realize this! I love walking around and seeing what's growing and what needs some loving and where new seeds have sprouted. I get sad when things aren't doing so well and I get excited when something is going better than expected.

Today I planted a majority of the balance of broccoli, pepper, and eggplant seedlings that were left. I am still looking for more places to put tomato plants. I only have 4 in the ground and would like 3 or 4 more in the yard somewhere. The yarrow and valerian finally found homes this morning as well. Based on their roots when I pulled them out of the packages, they will be very excited with more space and fertile soil.

What is really excited is that some newly germinated seeds are finally poking through the herb garden. I think I wasn't keeping it wet enough for the plants to germinate. I've corrected that problem and some new growth is the awesome result! What is sad is that the tobacco seeds have not been as easy to germinate as the youtube video made it seem. I've put fresh seeds in my little pots in hopes that they will go. I might not have had them warm enough to start so we'll see.

Fingers crossed that everything continues growing. We've put strategies in place to defend against seedling stealing birds, leaf eating slugs, and a few other threats to our food supply.

How's your garden growing? We want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment